Scrambled Eggs with Kale Pesto is an energizing breakfast recipe you’ve got to try! Made with a few simple & wholesome ingredients like eggs, kale & shallots. You’ll fall in love with this easy paleo, low-carb & keto egg recipe!
You’ve probably heard that eating cholesterol and saturated fat raises cholesterol levels in the blood, BUT did you know that more recent (and better) research doesn’t support this hypothesis.
Chris Kresser, a Functional Medicine practitioner, explains why in his article – The Diet-Heart Myth: Cholesterol and Saturated Fat Are Not the Enemy.
“Well-designed cholesterol feeding studies (where they feed volunteers 2-4 eggs a day and measure their cholesterol) show that dietary cholesterol has very little impact on blood cholesterol levels in about 75% of the population. The remaining 25% of the population are referred to as “hyper-responders”. In this group, dietary cholesterol does modestly increase both LDL (“bad cholesterol” and HDL (“good cholesterol”), but it does not affect the ratio of LDL to HDL or increase the risk of heart disease.
In other words, eating cholesterol isn’t going to give you a heart attack. You can ditch the egg-white omelettes and start eating yolks again. That’s a good thing, since all of the 13 essential nutrients eggs contain are found in the yolk. Egg yolks are an especially good source of choline, a B-vitamin that plays important roles in everything from neurotransmitter production to detoxification to maintenance of healthy cells.”
Get more choline & nutrient-rich egg yolks into your diet with this delicious Scrambled Eggs with Kale Pesto breakfast.
What you need for Scrambled Eggs with Kale Pesto:
- Shallot or onion
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
Want more wholesome breakfast recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Butternut Squash Scramble
- Bacon & Egg Muffins
- Fried Eggs on Vegetable “Rice”
- Nutty “NOatmeal” with Blueberries
Scrambled Eggs with Kale Pesto
- 6 pastured eggs, beaten
- 4 large kale leaves, chopped
- 1 shallot (or small onion), sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper , to taste
- Sauté shallot in 1 tbsp. oil over medium-low heat until translucent.
- Add kale and season with salt & pepper. Sauté until kale is tender.
- Put kale into a food processor and pulse until a pesto mixture is formed.
- Using the same pan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp. oil then add eggs and scramble.
- Add kale pesto to pan and coat scrambled eggs.